Electric, glass stove tops are sleek and stylish, especially if you like the modern style. However, when spills happen during cooking, you’ll want to clean them up quickly before the liquid gets stuck on. Sometimes, when you don’t get the chance to clean right away, it can leave stains and take the shine away. But, with the proper care, you can keep the glass stove top looking sharp for years to come.
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Spray bottle
- Thin razor blade with graspable cover
- Microfiber towels
- Add the vinegar into the spray bottle and spray the surface of the glass top.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe the surface of any easy-to-remove debris and grease.
- Sprinkle the entire top with baking soda and cover it with a warm, damp towel.
- Allow the towel to sit in place for about 15 to 20 minutes to loosen any stuck-on debris that has accumulated.
- Remove the towel, rinse with warm water, and wring it out.
- With the damp towel, scrub the surface in a circular motion to remove any stains. Wipe the area down to pick up the remaining baking soda.
- While the stove top is still damp, use the thin razor blade to carefully scrape up any stuck-on food. Working one spot a time in an even motion to avoid scratching the surface.
- Spray the stove top with vinegar again, wipe the area with a damp cloth, then thoroughly dry.
- Repeat the process as needed until all stains and grease are removed.