Instead of opting for beef or chicken tacos, try something a little different by incorporating fish into your Taco Tuesday routine. These fish tacos offer an abundance of fresh flavors with a touch of spice. Perfect for the whole family, this recipe for fish tacos with citrus slaw by Chef Sean Huitt is a quick and easy crowd pleaser.
Fish Tacos with Citrus Slaw
By Chef Sean Huitt
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 poblano pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 ounces micro cilantro, divided
- Four 7-ounce catfish filets
- 2 tablespoons blackening spice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas
In a mixing bowl, combine all of the citrus dressing ingredients except the olive oil, and use a wire whisk to blend. Once combined, slowly add in the olive oil, stirring continuously until fully emulsified. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, onion, peppers, and 1 ounce of the micro cilantro. Pour the citrus dressing over the top and toss to coat. Set aside.
Lightly season both sides of the catfish filets with the blackening spice. In a medium skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Sear the fish filets on both sides until cooked through or when they have reached an internal temperature of 145 °F. Cut into strips.
Grill the flour tortillas on both sides until slightly charred. Place tortillas on a plate and add the fish, citrus slaw mixture, and micro cilantro. Enjoy!