Fall is the perfect season to curl up with a bowl of soup and watch the seasons change outside. From Chef Marta Hernandez, this recipe for creamy leek and cauliflower soup will keep you warm and satiated. Pair it with some crusty bread for the perfect cool weather meal.
Creamy Leek & Cauliflower Soup
By Chef Marta Hernandez
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 1 large cauliflower (about 2 pounds), roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth (substitute chicken stock for added flavor)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoons dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
In a large stockpot over medium heat, add the butter and allow to warm. Add chopped cauliflower and leeks and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes. Add heavy cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the dill. Using an immersion blender or traditional blender, blend until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chives to serve.